Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Mitsubishi model wd92a12 I replaced the lamp but I

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi model wd92a12 I replaced the lamp but I don't have a cover is there a way for tv to work until I get a cover?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2012
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: WD-92A12
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No it just blinks green on time and then. BLinks yellow
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well this was my dad's tv. He passed away. I was told it just needed the lamp.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

There is cover sensor switch located nearby the lamp housing area (where the lamp goes in) and that switch pressed by the cover, if you press and hold that switch manually (put a tape on it) then TV will not get error signal and switch On.

If there is trouble to find that switch in TV, please take a good picture of lamp housing area and I'll point it out.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't seem to locate this
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

No problem, please take a god picture of that area and post it here so I can view it and it will enable me to point it out on that picture.

Please use add-file link located below the box where you type the reply to attach the picture file here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've tried several times it's not letting me send a picture
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there an email I can send it to
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Let me try to send a picture and this will test the website system as well.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Can you get the attached picture file?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Ok, I found few pictures of lamp door switch that will help to locate similar thing around the lamp cover area inside TV cabinet, please click following link to view the switch and find it having blue lever..

http://www.tvdrsales.com/images/U935D848001L__1.jpg

http://www.tvdrsales.com/images/U935D942001__1.jpg

http://www.tvdrsales.com/images/U934C059001__1.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lqcAAOSw3YNXaxXR/s-l400.jpg

You would need to push and hold the blue level down or upright to close the switch then turn On the TV.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well as soon as I did that the blue part fell off
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, so the switch is broken.

How many wires that connector have that plugged into circuit board where the switch is mounted?
We will try alternate option.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just screwed the other cover back on and will probably wait and order the cover tomorrow
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Let me explain, if that switch is broken then a new cover will not fix the issue as main processor chip will keep getting open switch signal and wont allow the TV to switch On.

Alternate option is to close the switch manually or replace the switch or simply join the switch terminals with piece of wire, all this will help to send the correct signal to main processor/ controller chip and it will think lamp door switch is closed so turn On the TV.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok can you walk me through it it's really tight and hard to do anything under tgere
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I'm still waiting the picture of that area.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's not letting me send one
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Click Add-File link located below the box where you type the reply, a pop up window will open, click on Choose file, another pop up window will open to select the file from your PC, once file is selected it will start uploading that may take little time then click OK button and type some thing in reply box and click Send/Submit button to post the reply along with attached file.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Another option is to upload the pictures at any free file sharing site and post the file URL/ link here so I can view it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not having any luck with that. Can you send me instructions or can I send pic to an email
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Due to website rules I can not share my email address here, however, you can send the pictures to customer service <*****@******.***> and they will forward it to me but it may take a day.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I just sent it with my account info and case number
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, I'll reply you when receive the pictures.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

No problem, I hope I'll get good picture and it will help me to assist you further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, I have not received a response for this. Thank you!
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the delay, picture is still awaited at my end.

If you're using PC then go to http://www.filedropper.com/ and click on Upload File green button, select the picture you wish to upload and press OK to proceed, file will start uploading to above site and in few seconds you will be shown other page where you will see "Link To Share This File With Anyone:" and a URL below, copy that URL and post it here so I can get that picture quickly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the picture of lamp housing area which would be on left of the board showing in pic you posted.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pic2
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** disassemble the little board that has blue switch that broke?

I don't see it in that picture, can you take a picture of broken switch and post it here? It will enable me to suggest joining the specific wires.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not disabled or done anything. The part I circled is where the blue sensor switch broke off. It's impossible to see under there. That part does not come out.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I don't think the blue switch is located in circled area, you can locate it easily if put lower back cover (temporarily) back on TV and check out the lamp door area because lamp door has to push that switch when in place.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Once located the switch, all it needs to join the two wires together that plugged into that board, TV will think the door switch is closed and will turn On.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm certain that's where it was located. Underneath where I circled
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

But the lamp door can't push that switch at that location because it will get covered when you put lower back cover on TV, try it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand what you're saying but that is where that blue switch was located
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

I wish I had pictures of lamp door (blue) switch location that will surely make things easier.

Let me repost the question to see if another expert can assist you further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wider view
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This a pic I found online which this part is underneath where I circled. The blue switch in the pic is what broke off
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the wider picture that helped, this TV has bigger lamp door and you're correct, lamp door switch board is located under the bigger board in circled location. You would need to take out TV chassis from cabinet to access to or replace that small circuit board. Please check the marked thing with yellow arrow which is rest of switch body still mounted on circuit board and blue part isn't on it.

It seems its TV tech work to disassemble and reassemble the TV safely to avoid any further damage and replace the lamp door switch board. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Can you forward this to other techs I saw a few days ago where someone was having the same issue and now I can't find it.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Sure, I'm opting out to repost this question for all other available techs, hopefully some one will soon respond.

Thanks.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi `I`m Jack , different tech. here

Still need help with this ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, Yes please.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Instead of defeating that switch ,how about the original lamp cover for $14 ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The switch is broken so I think I need to get it bypassed
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

switch is broken now ??

How do you know , it means you found it then ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know where the switch was but when I pushed it it broke.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need someone who can walk me through how to bypass
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

O.k then just pull it out and splice those 2 wires together and you`re done

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wish it was that easy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There's more than two wires there. I don't know which ones they are.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

There will be 2 wires on that switch , cut , skin and splice together

How do you mean " wish it was that easy "

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

How many wires go to that small board anyway ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The blue sitch it what broke off
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Are there actually 4 wires on that plug ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

By the way , nothing looks broken there

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is what I'm looking at. Where I circled underneath is where the switch was so it's difficult to get to
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

You mean the switch holder is broken ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Asking because i can also give links where you can buy the switch itself

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No.. the blue switch I showed u in the frst pic is one I found online. That's the switch that is broken. The other pic I was showing where it's located and what is connected
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Not following you here , you found and replaced the broken switch and now what is the problem ??

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

If you manually depress that switch now , does the tv start ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I never said that. Switch is broken. So tv will not turn on. I just need someone who knows how to bypass the switch. Which wires to connect. But They need to know for sure. I don't want to cut the wrong wires.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Do you want to buy that switch then

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I won't be able to fix that on my own because of where its located
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

This is what you said above " the blue switch I showed u in the frst pic is one I found online "

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did say that. Just the image..
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you are not sure please opt out. Thanks!
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Well electronics is not always easy , i cannot tell you which contacts on that switch need to be bypassed

In any case i dont know why you would be able to bypass but not replace it

I was on my way out just now sir