Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I auto channel search? - what's my tv source,

Customer Question

how do I auto channel search ? - what's my tv source
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: insignia - NS-15E720A12
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu works and I can scroll to channels but don't know which source to use
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was a mess between the Insignia remote and the TW remote. What I want to do is use the Insignia remote for off and on plus inp
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'll finish my earlier comment - I want to use the Insignia remote for off and input source. The TW remote for everything else- channels, volume, etc.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

TV input source is where you hooked the connecting wire from cable box into, read the label of that input of TV and select it by pressing Source/ Input button on TV remote and use up/down buttons.

Lets say HDMI cable from cable box is plugged into HDMI-1 input of TV, you would need to push Input/Source button on TV remote to get source list and select HDMI-1 to get cable box video signals/ channel picture.

I hope these info will help, please let me know if I missed any point here and I'll explain it.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my one question is - when doing channel search what source do I use ; cable/antenna/cable-sateliia
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

If there is an antenna plugged into RF Input jack of TV the then use Antenna source.

If it is coaxial cable plugged directly into TV (no box) then use Cable or Cable-Satellite as source.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.