Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to set up my new TV and cannot find a password

Customer Question

I am trying to set up my new TV and cannot find a password ***** my wireless network. It will not connect to the xfinity network as it is not secure and I have named my secure network [email protected] Is there a way to change the password?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It is a Vizio 32" D series
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today as I hooked it up yesterday. I am trying to get connected so I can get Netflix and Pandora
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Ronald Brock replied 13 days ago.

Hello My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your request this evening. just a few questions before we get started. you said that your network was unsecured but you have a secured network named [email protected] are you using a secondary wireless router or just the one that is provided by xfinity?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am using the wireless set up by xfinity and it apparently created an account for me when I replaced the modem last year.
I found my password ***** was able to get Netflix.
I don't really understand why it is separate from my xfinity wifi and why the passcode on my modem did not connect. It had an unlock symbol and looked not secure.

newer xfinity modems have a unsecured network by default, then have a splash screen once you're on the network to log into the wifi network, kinda a second wall of protection, so to speak.

but im glad that things were resolved for you and you were able to get your netflix working again.

are there any other questions i could help you with today?