Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My problem is with samsung tv

Customer Question

my problem is with samsung tv
Category: TV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that the expert can answer .

Kind regards,

Rarewares

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

i assumed i would get a call from some expert right away i do not have e mail on my flip phone i need someone to call me at ***-***-****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
correct phone # is(###) ###-####sorry
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I can help you with this however I am not available by phone, can you please let me know exactly what the issue is with the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the tv is a samsung model#un50h5500af i touched a button on right side back of tv and lost comcast cable somehow i messed around with button and was able to get to source screen but i do not have tv remote to select source i called comcast and they ran some test on cable box and said it was not working but it worked fine before i hit the button on back of tv the tv screen has a message indicating no signal or week signal

Please re-boot the cable box by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.

We find software glitches within the box can cause this

Let me know how this works out, if it works out good would you please rate the answer positively by using the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post

Any issues let me know please

Thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have alredy tried that 3 times on my own also when i was on phone to comcast

Is there no INPUT or SOURCE button on the set itself?

If there is you wont need the remote you just need to keep pressing the button until the cable comes through

Its how you lost it in the first place you see

Or if you get a display of inputs you may need another button like the volume button to move the highlight or arrow down to the correct input

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no buttons on tv itself but give me a few min to try your suggest tried what yo said but comcast remote will not let me select source on tv and i do not have tv remote tv screen still says week or no signal

Yes the set is in the wrong input mode and no the cable wont allow you to change the input that is normal its not designed to change it, you have somehow changed the input on the set itself I will have a look now at the buttons on the set please give me 5 mins

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok