Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

It is hard to turn on. Must turn off and on at least 10

Customer Question

It is hard to turn on. Must turn off and on at least 10 times. Received sound but no video
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: model SV470XVT1A, going on for past 6 month and getting worst
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: once the television is on, I can use all adaptor with no problem. Hard to turn on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Originally, hit the power button the word VIZIO lights up and 3 second later the television audio and video is on and I can watch any station, but now, I turn on the television, VIZIO indicators change from yellow to white, wait 10 second and the sound of the channel/station will start, but no picture, I have too turn on and off several times before audio and video is on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am the technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people like you on this site since 2009, which supports my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. Now that you are talking to a real technician, please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

Can you please describe your level of experience with electronics?