Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought 55 inch samsung ultra HD tv on black friday, 2016.

Customer Question

i bought 55 inch samsung ultra HD tv on black friday, 2016. The picture is beautiful but on occasion loses its brightness.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: The tv was purchased just over a month ago. I have not tried unplugging however.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything seems to work just fine. However I do have a problem with the remote. The keys don't always work, especially the sound key.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue from the start. Just though it would solve itself and hasn't to date.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all. Thankyou.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Offhand this would point to premature hardware issues in the TV in most cases, but as an attempt at a fix- have you tried going into the Picture MENU then "Resetting to defaults"? Additionally, a power reset of the TV should be tried (unplug it from power, then press and hold the power button located on the lower right rear corner of the set for 10 seconds- release, and plug the TV back in). If you've not tried these steps yet- please give them a shot and reply back here with the results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can definitely try those suggestions but may not be able to determine if it has fixed the problem. The picture loses brightness intermittently and may not do it again for sometime, possibly several hours. Also, isn't this tv under a 2 year warranty? Why am I being charged for your service? I bought the tv on November 25, 2016.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. If you find it does keep losing brightness, and the sound doesn't respond consistently, then this would indicate a premature fault within the set. More specifically, the set's "Mainboard" would need to be replaced and you would need to call Samsung to setup a warranty repair: 1-800-SAMSUNG. Regarding charges- we are not Samsung, this is Just Answer- which is an independent company.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want any more charges on my credit card.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought I was communicating with Samsung personnel. Please do not charge my credit card. Thankyou.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No need to refer me to a new tv technician. Thankyou.