Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sharpeggios aquos ~70 inch ( LC-60E78UN ) that will

Customer Question

I have a sharpeggios aquos ~70 inch ( LC-60E78UN ) that will turn on for a moment, and then power down after about a second, followed by blinking lights (power and opc). What can I do to fix it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your AQUOS is, and have you done any troubleshooting yet?
Customer: I believe about 4 years, I've tried looking up button combinations to press while plugging it back in with no luck thus far
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't get it to stay on long enough to do much
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It had been doing a thing where occasionally the screen would show the input select in the upper corner, and then the screen wouldnt display anything. Generally was easy to fix by powering off and on again.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am the technician assigned to help you and I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people like you on this site since 2009, which support my livelihood. Every moment that I am helping you is on the honor system, until you submit a positive 3-5 star rating when I provide your answer.

I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. Now that you are talking to a real technician, please reply asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

Can you please describe your level of experience with electronics?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I got interrupted and the TV had been working for a few days after that. It has spells of working and not working.I'm better than most with electronics, I'm not afraid to take things apart. Father is an electrician, learned a bit from him about circuits and whatnot
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

First, look closely a the blinking led on the front panel when you are plugging in/trying to turn on. It should be blinking in a repeating pattern. An example would be 2 fast 3 slow repeat. What is your blink pattern?