Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a 55" Samsung with one connect mini box. I have to

Customer Question

Have a 55" Samsung with one connect mini box. I have to reboot it frequently. Today it stopped functioning all together . The TV is less than one year old. Frustrating as I will miss all the football games.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung 55" uhd. I have connected and reconnected all the cables in every possible way. mdel #UN55JU7100F
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can not power on the TV as the mini connect box apparently is not sending a signal to the TV.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: For about one month ago after turning on the TV it lost signal and I had to disconnect and reconnect the cable to get the TV to function. Today nothing that I was able to do helped.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If the connect box is malfunctioning as I suspect, is there any way I can get a replacement box to day in Pueblo, CO?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 12 days ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
A few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Have you tried a full system reset ?

Expert:  Jack replied 12 days ago.

Of course you will have to redo all your settings including internet but at this point if nothing is working then short of calling samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG to get home service under warranty , that would be the next thing to try

Expert:  Jack replied 12 days ago.

This is how it goes , open the MENU then SUPPORT >>>>SEF DIAGNOSIS>>>>RESET

Default password ***** ***** if asked for it

You may also want to pull the mini connect cable out at the box and tv and re-insert it securely prior to reset

If none work then use that phone number and Samsung will send a tech. to your home for warranty service

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .