Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I am trying to setup wifi with tv but it keeps thinking but

Customer Question

I am trying to setup wifi with tv but it keeps thinking but doesn't bring up wifi address
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: samsung UN40EH5300FXZA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I go to menu, network, WI-FI Direct where it as to select your WiFi Direct device to connect to. It just keeps thinking nothing comes up. I am not sure what device I thought it would be the wifi address and then I would put in my password
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We moved last December and never set-up the wifi. We are just doing it now
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

WiFi Direct is some thing else, you need to run Wireless option in network setup to establish wifi connection with router for internet.

Please go to the Network Settings screen (Network > Network Settings).

Select Start. The network function searches for available wireless networks. When done, it displays a list of the available networks. In the list of networks, select a network you want to connect to, and then select Next. If the wireless router is set to Hidden (Invisible), you have to select Add Network and enter the correct Network Name (SSID) and Security Key to establish the connection. When done, select Next if you entered a Security Key or WPS PIN if you entered a PIN. The network connection screen appears and the verification process starts.

When the connection has been verified, the "You are connected to the Internet. If you have any problems using online services, please contact your Internet Service Provider." message appears. Select OK.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe the TV has been set-up with WIFI but when we try to connect with NetFlicks it says we have to internet connection
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I understand that you believe TV is connected but error message shown on TV says it is not connected.

Have you tired the suggestion mentioned in previous reply to connect the TV to wifi?