littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

Hitachi 65F59 rear project tv, red bulb always at full

Customer Question

Hitachi 65F59 rear project tv, red bulb always at full power, gives a red tint to the screen. the blue and green bulbs are on but at a lower power level.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Guessing 9-10 years, model #65F59
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes all input sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened a couple of years back, do not remember what happened right before
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i do.

Due to the age of the TV, I'll have to do some research. Are you able to wait until tomorrow morning PST to allow me time to look into it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
for sure, its been like this for a while so no big rush. ive just recently gotten the itch to either get it fixed or get it out. prefer fix is easy and cost effective.
thanks and i will hear from you soon

I found something that you may find very helpful. Click here, and go through the steps on page 29. This is all about calibration. Don't adjust anything you cannot remember how to put back, this can be very frustrating, so write the current values down, and keep notes.

These projection TVs also have fluid (at least mine did) that when it gets low, the color starts to diminish for that color. Call service to make sure that is the case, I'm not seeing anything in the manual or the service manual. 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
first, the link you refer to is non functioning, second, I looked you up to solve the issue, not call a third party.
I feel like I could have arrived at this point myself with google search. Unless you can offer something more robust. in terms of a technical resolution I will have to dispute the payment.

Sorry about that, click here. If we can't resolve it, you will get a full refund. Due to the age of the TV, you're going to have a tough time finding a "specialist" who works on your TV only. This is your best bet, I want you to take a look at the troubleshooting steps. You said you wanted to save money, this will be your cheapest route.