Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My picture is black, Hitachi Le55A6R9A, Cant pull it up

Customer Question

My picture is black
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Hitachi Le55A6R9A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Cant pull it up because of black screen sound works fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working perfect last night and when I turned it on this morning I had a black screen
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was purchased 4 /13/16 from sams club
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you're saying the set's native MENU (using the original Hitachi remote) does not come up, then this typically indicates a premature failure of the set's LED power supply- which is what drives the lighting built into the screen.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If the screen is still COMPLETELY black (meaning MENU's, or any off the TV's other native functions won't display) then this unfortunately does indicate a premature hardware failure in the set that would require warranty repairs- more specifically either replacement of the power supply/LED board, or the LED's within the panel itself. In that case you would want to contact Hitachi directly to start a warranty repair ticket on the set.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.