Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have LG 55" Smart TV. At first I could pause, fast forward

Customer Question

I have LG 55" Smart TV. At first I could pause, fast forward etc. then I was automatically updated, now i don't have this function. Programmed and purchased it 3 days ago
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, it's the only TV I gave and I'm watching the cricket
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: When I press live menu button I get a pink line on right hand side, but I haven't recorded any shows as yet
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I turned the tv on and programmed it on Thursday for the first time. All went good, then I turned it off for some reason and it automatically did an update. Then I couldn't use the pause function. Yet u could before the update!
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only, what the coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote do
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

What content are you watching? Tv channels via aerial or cable/satellite?
Streaming via an app?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tv channel via aerial
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is taking such a long time. Can u help me or not! I'm not interested in spending $37 on a phone call. Can u help me or not?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I responded to your initial query 30 minutes ago.

Please provide the complete model number of the tv.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
55UH615T-TB 55" LG Smart TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you have anything else connected to it? A usb device?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No nothing!
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Okay, that is why you can't do anything.

This is a tv, it has no ability to record, pause, or rewind/fastforward content all on its own.

It can record content and do these things with the aid of a storage device, such as an external usb hard drive.

I would suspect that you were doing this previously on an app or some other content that permitted these features because it was streaming the content from the internet. You were not doing it from the aerial as you are trying to do now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you know what? I think it has disconnected itself from the internet then! Unfortunately I have to go out and won't be back for a few hours. Shall I contact you like this then? If I can't get it to work that is!
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Yes that would be fine.

When you're back go into the tv setup menu under network, and reconnect to the wifi there.

I'm in the US and it is quite late here, so I may be offline when you return but if I miss you I'll get back in touch just as soon as I can in the morning.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much! Sorry for being cranky before! I'm not usually like that! Have a good night and thank you so much again! xxx
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You're very welcome, and best of luck! (and no worries at all!)

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.