Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Trying to access my netflix account on my samsung smart tv.

Customer Question

trying to access my netflix account on my samsung smart tv. When I try to access it it has an error about network interference
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: it is about 4 years old but it shows netflix on the Smart screen. Have not tried turning the tv off
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no, just this one
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I tried it when we moved about 3 months ago, tried it at thanksgiving and it brought up the netflix log in screen but didnt get a chance to actually log in
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cant even get the log in screen now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Is there any other internet application work or have you tried to run any other app in TV to confirm it has wifi connection?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
at thanksgiving I got the netflix log in screen but because of the time it took to enter email address and password, it timed out and I didn't have a chance to try again. Tonight I can't even get the log in screen, just the error message about network interfererence
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I understand, can you try to run any other app except the Netflix to see if it works?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
which one would I try since I don't have HBO or Hulu?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Is there youtube app available to run it, its free.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will try it now, will get right back to you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
same error message for utube
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, that means TV isn't connected to wifi router for some reason.

Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to get it reset, replug back in, switch it On and run utube app.

If problem persist then need to go to TV Menu and run Network Setup to establish fresh wifi connection with router to get the TV connected to internet and utube and Netflix apps will start working.

Please reply back with the result.