Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Split down the middle vertically. One side black, one side

Customer Question

Split down the middle vertically. One side black, one side overlaid with blue static.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic th-46fd18 built in 2008
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Plasma, btw Menu shows up but is difficult to read through the blue static
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It would happen intermittently after the tv got warm, like a few hours of use. I removed the back panel and cleaned it and then the problem would go away for a few months. This happened twice. Now, it's like this as soon as you turn it on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 12 days ago.

Hey welcome to the site. I'm Dan and I've seen this problem many times. To be sure, I really want to see a picture of what you're seeing. Can you take a picture of it, please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just uploaded it.
Expert:  Dan replied 11 days ago.

OK. Do you want to order parts (if cost effective... haven't looked yet) and fix this yourself?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
that's the goal
Expert:  Dan replied 11 days ago.

OK let me grab my service manual and get some part numbers........ give me a few minutes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Dan replied 11 days ago.

OK, do you have the back of the TV off yet? If not, let's do that.... I need to see the board layout. These Panasonic models have several different versions. I think you have 3 buffer boards along the bottom but I want to be sure....

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here you go
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Any luck?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good morning Dan. This in my first time using Just Answer, so I'm not sure exactly how it works. Are you still working on this? If not, can I send the question out to see if any other techs on Just Answer want to take a stab at it?