Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Second opinion] can not get cable on tyJA: What's the model

Customer Question

Second opinion] can not get cable on tyJA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?Customer: ns40dr420na16revaJA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?Customer: yesJA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: changed from Direct TV to cable TVJA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?Customer: I have try everything I know and the local man on staff could not set itup
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 14 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie for the second opinion. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, does your cable TV provider sends clear QAM signals? ...or even still the old analog unscrambled cable TV signals?