Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I cannot find the manual button to trn on my old Megatron

Customer Question

I cannot find the manual button to trn on my old Megatron TV. I have looked everywhere for any buttons on the case/outside of the television. I only see a small plastic "screen" of sorts on the bottom right, however it does not pop open, nor does pressing on it do anything. I can't even program a universal remote without first turning this tv on. Can you help me?
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: It is a Megatron -- and I have no more information than that. I bought it used -- and it came with a universal remote. The remote worked a couple of times....but no longer. I replaced batteries in that remote and would be interested in getting a newer universal which allows a code for the Megatron. Hope this helps....
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't turn the TV on to see If any of these are issues....
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The remote that came with the TV worked, as I said, several times....but the past few days, I have had to hit the power button several times to either turn the TV on or off. Now, yesterday...the remote will not work at all. And, if I could just turn it on manually, I am sure I could proceed. I hate for folks to think I am a "dumb blonde"smile
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Can you please postback with the model number off of the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Aric,
The Model Number is *****
Serial #F2G10700
Manufactured date = July 1992Is there any hope since this tv is old?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
TV Tech -- I have solved my own problem! I figured out how to manually power on/off my Megatron -- and successfully coded a universal remote.