Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Power on tv will not restore, light continues to blink

Customer Question

Power on tv will not restore, light continues to blink intermittently
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's Panasonic model TH-42PZ85U. No. Cable company suggested leaving it off for about 5 min. It had been working just 5 minutes before I turned it off because I was answering a phone call that I knew would last longer than I wanted it to. So when it didn't, I tried turning it on and it wouldn't come on.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: OK. For about an hour. Tried unplugging the set, holding the power button on the tv for several seconds, pressing tv button then power button on remote, pressing poer/system button on remote,
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything at the moment
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Intermittent blinks on a Panasonic Plasma are not random- it's a pattern which indicates a code. Please check the pattern (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.) and let me know what you get.