Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a vizio 50 inch tv went black then kind of flikering

Customer Question

I have a vizio 50 inch tv went black then kind of flikering and no sound. just power light on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: VIZIOP50HDTV1OAHAD ABOUT 10 YEARS
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: ALL SOURCES WONT DO ANYTHING TURN ON STARTS TO FLICKER NO SOUND. I HAVE REPLACED POWER SUPPLL
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: NO PICTURE NO SOUND FOR ABOUT A MOUTH. I ALSO REPLACED BESIDE MOTHER BORAD I REPLACED POWER SUPPLY
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO JUST HELP
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

What all source types have you tried that you can confirm are affected?

Can you try the following:

1. Reseat all cable and connections to the television from your devices. Physically remove the cables from both the television and the device and reconnect them.

2. Check your Advanced Video settings in the Vizio TV menu some of our Vizio televisions will allow you to adjust the following settings under the Advanced Video settings:
Ambient Lighting
Backlight Control
Advanced Adaptive Luma
If you have any of these options available please turn all of them off to see if this resolves the display flickering.
If the above steps have not resolved the issue please take the following steps in the order presented:

1- Power off TV
2- Unplug TV from outlet
3- Press and hold in the power button on the TV for 30 seconds (while it is unplugged from the wall)
4- Release the power button
5- Plug in the TV into a different outlet
6- Power the TV back on

There is also a factory reset option in your menu under the SETUP section. It will say either "reset all settings" or "system reset". Try it and let me know if it makes any difference?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.