Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Lc460WUE, plugged in, no indicator light, 5v fluctuates from

Customer Question

Lc460WUE, plugged in, no indicator light, 5v fluctuates from 5v to 3 back up to 5, etc etc. Got it with no back, and theres a little blue capacitor? Thatbis obviously burnt on the PSB. Need to find out ehat it is, how to source a replacement to proceed with this one
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

It seems Lc460WUE is display panel part number, can you get me the TV model number and what is the brand name usually written on lower front of bezel?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Havent done any more testing yet

Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

Attached picture shows part of a circuit board.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Its an LG, no clue what the model is because it didnt have a back on it when i got it. Would it be stamped on the chassis somewhere?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

From researching main board, I think its an LG 47LH30UA.

Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

I'm not sure about the model number either, there could be a label pasted on display panel chassis for model number that will help to get related manual/ info.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Im almost positive thats it....LG47LH30. You got another incoming question now

Expert:  Shahid replied 13 days ago.

Nice, standby volts fluctuation indicates it is either capacitor on power board problem or main board has short on 5V line and causing the volts drop.

Please check the capacitors of power board, disconnect main board from power board, put a 6V bulb on 5V output/ stadby pin of power board and plug TV power cord in to see if 5V stays constant.

This test will help to determine if standby power section is working fine or not. If volts stay constant then main board is defective.