Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

There doesn't seem to be mic on the remote and I can search

Customer Question

There doesn't seem to be mic on the remote and I can search any google apps with out amid, the tv is a LLC ux30us
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: stock remote w tv, Lc-ux30us
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: all the functions seem to work except when a search comes us and it only accepts voice. I don think the remote or the tv had a mic , and the Google tv is hardware for it and thre doesn't seem to a way to change it.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: its alway been this way. Check specs on the remote, does it have a mic and is there a replacement?
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also, Cohen I pair a wireless keyboard, it done work with any apps or search function. There is an option for a virtual remote keyboard but doesn't work either.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Clarifying information. The model number is *****
The problem is where goggle apps only require voice input into the searches and there is no option for a keyboard entry.
If there in no mic, then how do I enable a keyboard entry for the Google apps?A second but related question is when I pair a apple wireless keyboard and change the setting for a wireless remote keyboard, the Apple keyboard is not enable in any keyboard required entry. Is this a compatibility problem or a setting problem? Maybe the question is how or what keyboard can I attach to the TV to avoid the remote keypad entry?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Please confirm the model number of the remote you are using?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

You should have a small touchpad remote control with the TV - there is a tiny microphone built into this, just below the Sharp logo at the bottom of the remote control. Make sure your hand isn't covering it!

See item 16 on the attached image.

Speak the word that you want to search for into the microphone at the bottom of the remote control. When you are using the microphone, do not cover this part with your hand. The Voice search may not start depending on the status of the TV.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.