Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung 42 inch TV that I have had for around 4

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 42 inch TV that I have had for around 4 years. Today when I turned the TV I had no picture. I had sound, I did have my cable network information visible at the bottom of the screen but no picture. I turned off and on my cable and TV with no change. I went through my source input device with not change. When I got off the TV connection part I did get a full screen of the old style busy black and white screen. Any thoughts on what I need to do?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: About four years old, I did not try unplugging and leaving it off.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Looks like i will need to go home and try more options. It was the same on all inputs except the one that had the black and white static picture
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened first thing time I turned on the TV this morning. No issues last night at all.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so, thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , Pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions .

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

by the way never mind the automated phone offers we wont need it

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

I see that you are around so i will give you the solution

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Your cable box is the culprit , pull out its power cord for 30 secs then give it time to reboot and you should be back to normal .

If not then have it replaced , your tv is fine.

If that answers your question please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that