Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I'm trying to hook up a Panasonic SA-HT95 dvd/surround sound

Customer Question

I'm trying to hook up a Panasonic SA-HT95 dvd/surround sound sytem to my Vizio smart tv
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: SA-HT95 It's over 10 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I'm not sure. I have comcast. I haven't set anything else up so I don't know if sources/inputs work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been happening for a while. I don't think I ever set it up right since we got a smart tv
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

The panasonic is the pri***** *****mitation here. It is such an old model that it has no digital inputs, it only has analog (red/white) stereo audio connections, so it cannot connect to the tv directly.

It can be done, but some additional equipment is required.

The reason for this is that all modern tv's are digital, and because of copyrights and digital rights management/copy protection, so tv's cannot have any analog outputs, which is what a headphone/stereo jack would be.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that, you can then connect rca cables to the back of the panasonic (such as on the tv audio in ports).

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.