Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

In aprail 2015 my son purchased a tv from in Colundra as a

Customer Question

in aprail 2015 my son purchased a tv from dick smith in Colundra as a birthday gift. we took the tv back to Brisbane as we were on holidays at the time , unopened. On opening the book and switching it on there was lines from top to bottom of the screen. we took it back to tombull dick smith shop they replaced with another tv. a couple weeks later the tv developed lines through the screen. I spoke to a company here who was reffered to by Dick smith as the company who does your repairs. they told me to send in photoes of what the picture look like when it was turned on. THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL saying the lines on the screen were cracks and wasn't covered by warranty. I rang them and explained the screen was not cracked. my son was most upset as he hadn't had a tv for a couple of months. In the end we bought another tv from Aldie on getting it home we had the same lines through the screen. We took it back and they replaced it. TV still running will
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Panasonic 42 inch GE4032 TH42A400A about 2 months
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: All during last year I sent text messages several times as I do shift work, in the end, One morning I got up early and rang the, that's whe they asked me to send in the pictures.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If Dick Smith will not help then you will need to take the issue up with Panasonic customer services:

Call them on 132 600 between 8.30am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday (AEDT).

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.