Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

In have a large shipment of tvs I have bought as costumer

Customer Question

in have a large shipment of tvs I have bought as costumer returns that have broken screens I was wondering if I can buy new display panels for them
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 2016 model number led40e45rh
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the screens are cracked on them they are spider webbed
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: but I have 30 tvs with the same problem I was needing to just know if they can be fixed
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I need to know if I can buy parts to fix broken screens on many tvs
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

The short answer is no, you cannot.

It is possible to replace them, the difficulty becomes the cost and labor.

LCD panel replacement is virtually never feasible as it can take several hours of skilled tech labor on each. The cost of the panel is 80-90% of the value of the tv, so it ends up costing far more than the tv is worth.

The bigger issue in this case though is the brand. These RCA tvs are some of the lowest quality sets on the market (the reason they were probably being returned) and are very poorly supported. They don't actually make them, they are made by any number of random 3rd party chinese companies and badged with the rca name. They do not make any parts available for them, it would be impossible to find replacement panels for them.

If you want to get some value out of the tvs, you'd be best off opening them up and stripping out the power supply, tcon, and main boards. You could sell them individually (ebay) or sell the lot of them to a resale company like shopjimmy.com.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok please let me know if I can fix them all or if I'm just spinning my wheels. there all 2016 or 2015 model tvs so there new
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can do the labor if I do that can I get the parts is what I need not the service
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I sent that info above, please let me know if it does not come through.

In short the tvs are trash at this point. You cannot get the parts for them, period. The only value to them would be to salvage the remaining parts.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok so even if I do the labor parts cant be got
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

That is correct. There is no source for replacement panels for rca tvs.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what about lg or Samsung same deal
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

For the better quality brands, that is sometimes an option.

It all comes down to a matter of cost though, typically it is not a worthwhile investment, by the time you buy the panel and shipping, and since these are not going to be brand new models, you would have a tough time selling them at a profit when a brand new 4k set can probably be bought for less at this point.