Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Is there a power button on the tv? I believe about 5 years

Customer Question

is there a power button on the tv?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I believe about 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I don't have the remote for the TV. For several years have used the COX cable box remote. COX gave me a new remote and I can only program this new remote with the TV on .... the problem is that I can't turn it on without a remote ! That's why I was wondering if there is a manual power button
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing popped up. MY TV was off ... I received a new COX remote and they took the old one. I need to know how to turn the TV on with a power button ... manually
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Hi. I'm Steve and I will be assisting you today. I've been here since 2005.

*** Please note that I cannot take a call right now*** - the site is sending you those prompts, not me. If you need phone support, I can opt out and another expert will help you.

Ok, let's see what we can do here.

I will need to know the make and model of the TV in order to help. Do you have that information?

Let me know.
Steve