Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought an Insignia TV a couple of years ago. It was used

Customer Question

I bought an Insignia TV a couple of years ago. It was used very little (through a cable provider) as I was in the process of building a new home. After my move a year ago, I brought the TV up and hooked it to my AV system through an antenna (which worked beautifully with another smaller set) but it would only carry a couple of channels and in particular WOULD NOT carry CBS which is my favorite for watching a couple of weekly programs (like Sunday Morning and 60 Minutes) I've decided to try again to connect it. Can you HELP?!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: two years max. 42" 1080p LED HDTV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: not sure about menu. it opened and i changed setting from low to high but couldn't move to audio...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: won't move from input to hdmi (but don't have any hdmi hooked up at moment)
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: hdmi dvd player connected but cursor not able to move down thru any of input options.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Insignia TV..." Additionally, please describe how the TV is connected to the AV system using what kind of cable(s).