Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Will not turn on flashes the v and go off, Visio m401i-a3,

Customer Question

Will not turn on flashes the v and go off
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Visio m401i-a3
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No it worked I took stand off and hung on wall now it will not turn on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing worked great
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay! Regardless, I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009. My main goal is to add you to the growing list of satisfied customers.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am reviewing those details now and would like to hear from you asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

How long have you had the tv?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
One year ish
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Is the tv withing the one year warranty? or extended warranty?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release. OR just leave the tv unplugged for 3 full minutes.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not work then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. If you have an extended warranty it's time to contact them to obtain service.

As an experienced technician, theoretically I could help you with the repairs but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks