Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I am missing about 8 of my cable channels on my new curve

Customer Question

I am missing about 8 of my cable channels on my new curve samsung tv model un55ku650dfxza had cable company come out and the problem seems to be the tv.before I change tv I was able to get those channels that I am missing now .what might the problem be?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried that several times
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Do you use cable remote to change channels on TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just paid 23 dollars for something I done before and now you want me to pay 26 dollars more?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Phone call offer is automatically sent by website system and not by me, feel free to ignore if you prefer to troubleshoot the issue here in text chat.

It isn't mentioned in opening question what you have already tried out so have to ask few basic questions.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If you're unsatisfied, please contact customer service at following link/ number for billing/ money matters..

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I used cable remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, this means cable box is device where channel signals are being processed and TV has nothing to do with it, cable box is video source like any other video device such as DVD/Bluray player and TV is being used as Monitor only to present the picture and sound that comes from cable box.

In my opinion, your cable box isn't processing those missing channels for some reason ad if you switch the TV, other TV will show you same thing.

Is it possible to switch the cable box with other one if available to confirm above diagnosis?

I mean connect another cable box, that shows desired channels, to this TV as a test?