Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Mitsubishi model WD 82738 that is very dim. I

I have a Mitsubishi model WD 82738 that is very dim. I adjusted the brightest up but still the view is very dim.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model is WD - 82738, Sn 106063
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, I can see the menu, but it is also dim.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV was given to me, and I guess it has been going on for sometime.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Sorry for the delay! Regardless, I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009. My main goal is to add you to the growing list of satisfied customers.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am reviewing those details now and would like to hear from you asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

Has the tv ever been serviced or any parts replaced?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No Prior repairs

Just got back from local repair... You still need help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what do you think is th?e problem with my TV

Thanks, ***** ***** typing your answer now, please stand by...

All you need is to replace the tv lamp:

http://dlplampsource.com/915b4410011-television-replacement-lamp.html

Instructions on page 88, no special tools required:

https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/asset/file/owners_guide/738_838_Full_IB.pdf

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Did you get my last message?

Do you still need help?

Are you having issues with the star ratings? try refreshing the page or simply reply and type what rating you want to give me.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful by submitting a 3 to 5 star rating?

There was no need to open a new question. I am still here available to help you. And still waiting for your 5 star rating so that I am credited for my original answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mike, sorry for my reply to your question, I haven't had a chance to trouble shoot my TV. Perhaps this weekend
I will able to go to my warehouse and make sure the Lamp Cover is secured correct. I will let you know the outcome.
Also I had a bit of a problem rating your service because I didn't realize the ratings are at the top of the page.
I will select the excellent rating for and I hope you received confirmation. Let me know.
Thank you,
Jose

Got it. Thanks!