Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

All my STARZ STATIONS (except STZBK) broadcast in Spanish. I

Customer Question

All my STARZ STATIONS (except STZBK) broadcast in Spanish. I have an identical Vizio TV that broadcasts these stations in English.The model number is *****
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm sorry. I hit send before I could clean up the model number. It is Model:D32hn-DO. Purchased 8/9/16.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the menu works. The STARZ STATIONS in Spanish is the only problem I am having i
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been happening for months. I just stopped watching the stations. I'm finally tired of paying for something that I can't watch on my person TV. I can watch the program on the identical TV in another room, but I feel I shouldn't have to.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My MPLEX Station broadcasts in Spanish also.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. It sounds like you have your secondary audio programming turned on? That will either be a setting in the TV menu or possibly in the cable TV box menu.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

From the tuner menu of the TV, highlight Digital Language and press OK. The Digital Language menu will display. Select your preferred language, in your case, English. Press OK, then exit. Let me know if that works.
.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
English is already highlighted. I pressed it again. Output is still Spanish. The words being sung in the movie are in English but the spoken words are Spanish.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My cable box selected language is English also.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Previews of upcoming movies are in English.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Another movie on this station has begun. It's in Spanish. All the other stations have begun their scheduled movies. All in Spanish.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Obviously there is an internal problem. What can be done to take care of this. I can't ship the TV to you because I don't have the packing materials. The 2nd Vizio I purchased at the same time is working fine.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The 2nd Vizio TV is the same model.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Okay. Just so you are aware, we are not affiliated with Vizio but are an independent tech support service. Did you purchase the TV locally?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I purchased the TVs at the Walmart in Cascade, Michigan.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have my receipt.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Okay good. I believe you have done everything right on your end and this sounds like there is a problem in the software that controls the audio features. Your best action at this point as inconvenient as it may be, would be to return it to Wal Mart for an exchange.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll do that. I'll let you know the results.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Please do. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will. Thank you.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

My pleasure!