Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a model E470vl I was using a HDMI connector for about

Customer Question

I have a model E470vl I was using a HDMI connector for about 8 months when it gradually stopped working it is giving me a message of "your tv does not support this programs content protection replacing the TV's HDMI cables will allow you to view the program" I went to parental controls to change the setting but it" asking for a code but I never set a code is there a to over ride
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Vizio E470VL Yes tried to reset to factory settings but again need parental control code.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works no problems on other sources/inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About a year at first I was using a coaxial cable then went to HDMI the tv went blank after about 8 months I have three other HDMI inputs used each until they too quit working
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me and without my knowledge but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions;
Please let me know when ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Need help with this ?