derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years experience in the information technology field.
22792886

It says my server certificate has expired, Oh dear....Sharp

Customer Question

It says my server certificate has expired
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Oh dear....Sharp Aquos and it's 5 years old. Not sure of the model number
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Ok....funny story. My son gave me a Smart TV for Christmas (for my bedroom) We just realized yesterday the TV in the family room is a Smart TV (silly brunette moment!!) And yes, NETFLIX works, everything else with the TV works.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Again, we just realized yesterday the TV is a Smart TV. Right now it's a split screen. The TV is running on one side and on the other it says The security of the target page cannot be confirmed. The server certificate has expired. Do you want to correct? I clicked on OK and a white box pops up
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope....just want to be able to connect to the internet
Category: TV
Expert:  derrickonline replied 5 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. It sounds like the website you're trying to visit from your TV has an expired certificate. This isn't really your problem. Can you tell me which website you're trying to visit that gives this error?

One other thing to check, make sure the date and time are set properly on your TV, that can also cause certificate errors. I would correct the date and time (if it's off) then restart the TV.

If that resolves your issue please rate my answer, if you still need assistance just reply back and we'll try the next step. Only rate if that resolved your issue.