Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Turned my TV on this morning and this appears at the top

Customer Question

Turned my TV on this morning and this appears at the top "Your VIZIO SmartCast Display is Not Set up for Casting. Using the VIZI"O SmartCast App. complete the Google Cast setup to enable casting to your VIAIO Smart Cast Display. Press the link button on your basic Remote for insttuctions. I do not want to use my cell phone to operate TV I just use the remotes to turn on/off and adjust volume./channels. I just want to get the TV back where I can do that
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: just bought it last month
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no I can't get the message off the screen.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just this morning. It was fine last night. My husband says he might have accidentally pushed an incorrect button last night when turning the TV off
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

What is the model number of the tv?
Do you have a dedicated vizio remote, or just a cable/satellite remote?