Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Samsung hl67A750 all three lights are flashing on the front

Customer Question

Samsung hl67A750 all three lights are flashing on the front of the TV, (red, 2 green). TV won't turn off but no picture. I have removed
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have done that, removed power board and engine assembly, no lights in the ball lens. Tried checking the lens, tried checking the voltage on LEDs, red, green, red. can't get a reading. This started during a thunderstorm, surge protector not tripped. In summary, blue power button luminated, TV on but no picture and all three LED lights flashing.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV has no picture
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last night during thunderstorm
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Just to clarify, does the set have sound/audio?

Also, after unplugging it- if you plug it right back in, do those lights start blinking right away, or only after you press the power button?

Any other devices affected (cable/SAT box, Modem, etc.)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The TV won't turn off and no others affected
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

You didn't reply back to anything that I asked. If you want to solve the problem reply back in full.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

So, we need to know if the set has sound, and simply no picture. Or no sound no picture.

Also, I realize you can't turn it off. What I'm asking is this:

Unplug the TV.

Plug it back in.

Are those lights flashing?

Or do they only flash after you hit the power button?

Let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The specific info above is required for troubleshooting to tell me what board needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry I didn't respond right away I lost my internet connection. the TV has no picture, sound, the blue "on" light is luminated all LED lights flashing. As I stated previously I have taken the eng. assembly no lights in ball lens and can't get volt reading on the blue, green or red LED
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I assume I will hear from the technician in today. I lost my internet connection yesterday so I could not respond in a timely manner but I was charged $28.00 and that's okay as long as I can communicate with someone. I am an attorney and I will be in and out of court today so give some time to respond before you drop me or transfer me to someone else. In case you didn't get the answer to your last question. There no picture or sound.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I unplug the TV and plug it back in the LEDs still flash and no sound no picture.