Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I gave this Rv to some friends, it's worked just fine for

Customer Question

I gave this Rv to some friends, it's worked just fine for about 4 days, then wouldn't turn on the next morning, the lights etc go on, and you can hear it go on, but it then turns off, it's almost like something is turning it off each time, you can hear the "click on" "click off" "click on""click off" over and over, the batteries in the remote are new, we've unplugged the PlayStation etc, nothing so far has worked. It's an LG Super Slim XD HDTV-Dolby digital-HDMI-SRS XT/ true surround sound. Model no:32FS4DTE.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, it hasn't happened before, and I believe it's been off all yesterday and today, this afternoon I went around and tried turning it on, it's got all the power lights etc working, but that's it.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I couldn't get any screen at all, no menus of any sort.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As far as I know it was just turned off when everyone retired for the night, and wouldn't turn on the next morning.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried unplugging (again) for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in BUT into a different outlet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I haven't tried using another outlet, and I've only unplugged the one time this afternoon.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Yes please as this would serve as a form of a test.

As it would almost always be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

It has to be considered that there would be high voltage present inside.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think the best bet is that I get in contact again from where the tv now resides, thank you for your time, I'll be in touch in the next day or two.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Yes please and would look forward to an update when able.