Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a about a 12 in14 inch Vizio tv hooked to my cable

Customer Question

I'm John. I have a about a 12 in14 inch Vizio tv hooked to my cable wire. (No box). I tried to change channels and the screen turned blue and flashes "no signal" I have two controllers. one is Vizio and the other is motorola. I usuually use the motorola for on/off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 6 years old. Don't use it much. Hard to see the model number.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. the tv menu works. I inputted hdmi I, but it doesn't seem to want to stay there.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started today. I have another vizio in the othere room hooked up to the cable wire and it works ok. Trouble started when I used the VIzio controller to try to switch channels.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what to suggest, so go right on ahead.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi John,

Are you saying there is just a coax cable from the wall to the tv? To confirm, there is no motorola box connected anywhere?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry. There is a small Motorola cigarette-sized box with the cable wire running in and out to the Vizio tv
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, no, I don't want any additional charges. Please just text me what I should do.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you don't mind, I have to leave right now. Please just text me instructions. I will access your email in about 9 hours.Sincere thanks to you, Jason. Happy New Year. Malagayang Pasco, PO!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** need to know exactly what is connected from the motorola box to the tv.

That is how we fix this.

So if the box is hooked to the tv with a coax (round screw on) cord, then you'd need to use the vizio remote, set the INPUT to TV then to channel 3 or 4.

If using hdmi, for example on hdmi1, then use the vizio remote and set input to hdmi1

If you get stuck let me know.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.