Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Volume control will not work nor mute, e43-c2 about 6 months

Customer Question

volume control will not work nor mute
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: e43-c2 about 6 months old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: probably one day
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you have sound but are simply unable to control it, or does the set not have sound at all?

Also, are you using a cable box with the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (located on the lower left rear corner of the set) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player (or the set's APPS) and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.