Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How to adjust picture on sharp tv LC 52sb55u, 9 years model

Customer Question

How to adjust picture on sharp tv LC 52sb55u
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 9 years model LC-52SB55U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works but where do I adjust image. It seems that images are larger than tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Awhile. Before images were o. K. An I could read the bottom of screen; now images are bigger.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have ATT cable.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box. It is more likely the box than the tv.

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says FORMAT, ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.