Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Red power light keeps blinking and tv will not turn on

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
42HP95
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thoshiba plasma TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply. Offhand that red blinking light points to a hardware failure in the set (it has three modes- *****, ***** and red- with red pointing to a hardware failure).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If the issue goes beyond that - then this does indicate a hardware fault in the set, with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There are no settings/adjustments that will cause the TV to shut itself down. The only other attempt at a quick fix, is to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range (depending on which board has failed) and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.