Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The set will not come on and stay on. some of the functions

Customer Question

the set will not come on and stay on. some of the functions respond to the remot and others do not. the yv functioner beautifully until i got an on screen message that said remote battery low.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: samsung, where on the set is the modle number
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu does not work. there is a dialog box in the jower right corner of the screen that says unavailable when it flashes on and of. pretty sure it is the volume dialog box
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: tv on and / about 4days , since i replaced the batteries in the remote.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i got the screen to quit on/offing for about 30 minutes a couple days ago , possibally on its own. in that time i tried to follow the directions i was getting from the dia box when i got to the option to use cable/antenna/both i hit both then the set went back to its on off behavior, exactally like before my little effort to fix it. been like that ever since,
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble can you get methe model number please found on the back of the set?

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Anthony