Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Vizio E70i-A3. I know there are manufacturers defects with

Customer Question

Vizio E70i-A3. I know there are manufacturers defects with some of these where the panel goes bad and exhibits some of the behavior im seeing. I would really like to do everything I can to try to make this one work, I'm hoping its the tcon, or possibly main, am willing to try buying replacement boards if necessary, but need to do the homework on testing voltages and stuff to try to make it work. Or adjusting ribbon cables, whatever it takes. So it turns on, backlights come on. LED indicator on
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

Do you get any graphics on screen?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

Nope, none at all. So what happens with this one is it turns on, lights up the backlights and LED indicator....no logo or menu. Everything stays on, but the backlights get a little dimmer. It responds to remote control, and when you hit the remote, the backlights get bright again (seems like normal dimming function, not LED failure). When you get to the i put that has a source, you get sound and everything works...volume up and volume down, etc. The backlights STAY bright when it is on a source. All backlights seem lit in all events....no individual dim spots that look like LEDs burnt out or anything....Unit doesnt shut off in any event. I am willing to buy replacement board(s), if our testing determines I should, but they are VERY expensive so I need to be SURE before buying boards.

Im going to post the next question, then i have to go out and run thise errands. It will take no more than 2 hours and ill be back home and ready to hit it hard. I know we've been at it for a while, but if you can stay with me tonight, brother, i will tip you for each one along the way, and a nice fat tip next friday when i have worked a couple more shifts. I have another 5, or 6 (2 of which are 26", simple pictures, very VERY quick) that we can start tonight along with addressing these ones we've already begun, and i will have no distractions so we can work very quickly. Ok, so im gonna post one more before I go run thise errands, i'll wait to make sure youve picked it up before I leave.

Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

I'm working on this Vizio question and waiting for your next question as well.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

No problem, I figured these 3 questions were perfect to get started before my errands, since they might take a little time for you to research. I really need to knock out as many of these tvs as possible tonight, for space and financial reasons. But with what we're going to get done tonight, plus following up on all the questions from a month ago, should be a LOT of excellent service ratings payments for ya tonight, and a nice $40 or $50 tip for you this friday/weekend.

Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** t-con board issue in this TV, there is a chip fuse located on t-con board for 12V supply near the connector of one flat ribbon cable, please check that fuse, if blown/ open then put new fuse from any other damaged t-con board and check the result.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

Sweeeet, k, im back home, gonna hit it hard, starting with that philips

Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

I think it is Vizio TV -:)

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

Yes, this 70" is a Vizio. The last 3 questions i opened are on seperate tables strewn throughout the house, lol, so they can all be worked on at same time. The philips is in workroom, so since i KNOW i have at least one bad cap, I'll start there, then get to this vizio, and hopefully by then we know what we're doin on the two plasmas

Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

ah OK, please take your time.

Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

Ed, I need to go offline now, some thing has come up, will reply you after few hours.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

Sounds good, I totally understand, we've been working together since this morning/afternoon. I had to eat and feed the critters. My fiance and I have 5 bearded dragons (more on the way), 2 frilled dragons (more on the way), 3 crested geckos (more on the way) and 3 ferrets. And a 15 pound cat, lol. Thanks for all your time, look forward to working with you some more soon as youre back on. I have results on the philips, and by the time youre back will have results on the other 3 and more rdy to post questions on.

Expert:  Shahid replied 21 days ago.

Wow, you have zoo in house.

I'll be online after 3 hours and will message you again.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.

Lol, yeah, somethin like that. We are getting into reptile breeding. There is some goooooood money in it. Kk, look forward to it, Im still awake and workin

Expert:  Shahid replied 20 days ago.

Hi Ed, I'm back and online.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

Ok. I just got back home, I'm going to catch a nap for a few hours, hopefully we can catch up later tonight and get goin.

Expert:  Shahid replied 20 days ago.

Sure, I'm online now.