Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My PN51D8000 will not turn on. No power light, remote is not

Customer Question

My PN51D8000 will not turn on. No power light, remote is not responsive, touch buttons on the TV also unresponsive. WHat's wrong?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes. It's a PN51D8000
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: there's no power - it's wont turn on. there's no way to check menu or sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing in particular. I was watching this morning. Shut it off as normal (by remote). Went out for a few hours. Came home. then it won't turn on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure what they need to know. I can't think of anything
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've tried plugging it in to a tested working outlet with the same outcome
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the delay! A new design was put into place by the website that is blocking prompt replies to some customers. Regardless, I will do my best to provide you with excellent service. I have been helping people on this site since 2009. My main goal is to add you to the growing list of satisfied customers.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am reviewing those details now and would like to hear from you asap so that I know you are ready to proceed.

NOTE: If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone.