Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio M190VA TV that I got in 2010. The problem I

Customer Question

I have a Vizio M190VA TV that I got in 2010. The problem I am having is with the remote control that came with TV. Part of the remote works fine and part does not work at all. The turn on function and the change channel functions do not work. The volume control and the mute functions both work. I have just replaced the battery. This indicates to me that the remotes needs to be replaced. Where do I find a replacement in Orange County California? Do I have to get one directly from you. If so, how?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My unit was put in service on January 30, 2011. The model number is *****
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I believe the Menu does work but I have not tried to use it to find out why the remote does not work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been misbehaving for 2 or 3 months. We just moved from our haem of 58 years to an assisted living facility.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did you receive my original description of the remot operation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The original remote for this set is no longer available as "NEW" (since this model has not been built in a few years). Additionally, this remote isn't available in a "brick and mortar" store and needs to be ordered. That said, the only source I was able to locate that has these remotes is at the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Vizio-TV-Remote-Control-LCD-HD-TV-Remote-M190VA-M220VA-M260VA-/181145672933?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.