Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung LED TV series 6300...a thin" line" appeared

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LED TV series 6300...a thin "green line" appeared yesterday on the screen...it is vertical and is appearing on the left side of the screen about 1/4 in from the left side?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's about 3 years old.....I unplugged it for about 5 minutes, but that didn't seem to solve the problem......do you suggest a few hours?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works....same problem on all sources/inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just happened yesterday...no noticeable symptoms before this line appeared...
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about all I can say....just giving you the symptoms....
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

My name is ***** ***** for the initial computer generated questions, OK this line does it stay up permanent or does it disappear then come back again?

Anthony

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.