Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

UA65KU6000WXXY TV and are having all sorts of problems

Customer Question

UA65KU6000WXXY TV and are having all sorts of problems accessing Freeview and when we accidentaly stumble on it and select a program we seem to have lost any volume (have tried both TV and seperate stereo changers with no result. Is there an idiots' guide to navigating the system on this tv?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung UHD Quad Core Smart LED and it was picked up on December 17th 2016
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The tv has sound but when we go into Freeview we have no sound. I am also running the tv through a Bose surround sound system but do use the normal tv device when not using the Bose.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First and foremost accessing Freeview has been a total hit and miss affair. Press the green button on the remote and from there it's been a series of pushing buttons without really knowing how we got there. As this was hooked up on the 28th December and were able to access a channel vis Freeview 2 days ago (with sound) now, no sound.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm afraid I don't know what I don't know!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

The previous set you had in the same position did it work well via freeview?

Where is the aerial ?is it mounted on the roof?in a loft?

Anthony

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Do you need any help please with the question you asked?