Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Philips 42pfl6704d/f7. Boots up, have picture, have sound.

Customer Question

Philips 42pfl6704d/f7. Boots up, have picture, have sound. Backlights come on very very dim, then go out altogether. Still have picture and sound though. Have not done any testing with the meter yet.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Can you grab the part number from the power board, please? Are the inverters separate from this board, or are they integrated?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Just got back to workin on stuff, give me 10 minutes and I'll put this unit on the bench and get rdy to proceed. Hope you're online.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

2300KPG101A-F = number printed on pcb, 2722 171 00695 v30100 = number on sticker

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

OK with the TV on we need to see if you have 24V going into the inverters. Usually there's a wiring harness with several 24V wires and several grounds. Check the 24V and let's see if the main board and power supply are doing their jobs. Sorry for the delayed response, by the way... this week got crazy.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Lol, my life just got incredibly crazy for me, lol, I completely understand. Usually I do not wait but a day or more to follow up, I apologize. Let me check voltages, and get back to you right quick. In the meantime, here's some pics, Power supply board number is ***** P/N : 2300KPG101A-F, and sticker number is ***** line JD 910.3 Y07.1(###) ###-#### second line on sticker umis 2722 171 00695 V30100. Main Board numbers i'll shownin pic as well cause im not sure where board number is. If you still wanna take the question, thatd be great, if not can you please release it to other experts. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

K, so it's a built in inverter, and I get a few hundred to overlimit volts AC out of board to CCFL's on both on Pins CN2 and CN3 Immediately on boot up, then fades quickly down then slowly depletes, while indicator light on unit stays lit and picture etc keep going, just no backlight. I HAD a ccfl backlight tester, but it blew an internal voltage regulator and melted it cause it's cheap. Their LED backlight tester has held up realy well, but not the CCFL, I ordered another but it'll be a while till it gets here. Any idea where to get a GOOD CCFL tester, and/or a benchtop tester (adjustable benchtop AC power supply with range from 200v AC to 1500v AC), would ya? Lol.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Boost voltage gives a few volts, then depletes. Dimmer is 3.25 steady

BL-ON is 3.04v steady. All others are normal. Essssh, and I just noticed that the display is cracked, I must've damaged it when shuffling them around, or not noticed it when I got it!! Oh well, I still need to get this running properly with the backlights if possible, so I can know whether I can use those backlights in another TV or not, to verify that the boards are working. Reply when you can, or let it go so other experts can get ahold of it. Either way, I appreciate ya, thanks.