Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have a message at the top pf the screen that says Your Vizio

Customer Question

Have a message at the top pf the screen that says Your Vizio Smartcast display is not set up for casting.We do not know what that means or how to get rid of it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We just got it yesterday ours got hit by lightning and we had insurance so they sent us this it is supposed to be new.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ok I asked my husband to see if we can get netflix since there was nothing on tv that we wanted to see right now he got the remote to the tv and hit the buttons and now we have this and we cannot get it off
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just need to remove this
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back cover of TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Thank you.