Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am trying to hook up my wii to my tv and the sound work

Customer Question

i am trying to hook up my wii to my tv and the sound work but it just won't show up on the tv screen. when i put it on input video 1 the wii menu does not pop up? i am not sure as to why \
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a sony bravia HD and about 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv menu works. no problems with other inputs. we have a sony reciever and we connect the wii to the receiver. we can hear it but cannot see it
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it used to work before, Wii stopped working so we disconnected it and didn't use it for a while, recently reconnected wii, we could hear, but not see it. plugged wii to another tv, found still not reading disk so we just replaced it and hooked it up but same problem cannot see it on TV, but we can hear it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also is this the original WII (using Red,White,Yellow cables), or the WII U (using an HDMI cable)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its model KDL-60NX801. Original Wii with red, white, yellow cables
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The Yellow cable plugs into the Green "Video 2" jack on the Sony, then you set the Sony TV to the "Video 2" Input.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we have sony audio/video control center and the TV is connected to that. I've checked the back and there is not an empty green spot. TV cables are connected to the receiver and the receiver has a spot in the front in which we plug in the Wii and it used to work fine, now we can hear it but can't see it.