Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Have a LG TV that is connected to Bose sound bar, my husband

Have a LG TV that is connected to Bose sound bar, my husband is hard of hearing so we have earphones, so I can listen at a normal audio range and he can listen with the earphones at a much louder audio range. Unforturnately, earphones work fine listening to Cable TV, but do not work at all with Netflix or Amazon Prime. Got a new pair of earphones which have digital /optical hookup and the problem persist. Is there anything else I can do? Geek squad at Best Buy were the ones who told us to get new digital earphones! They have no other suggestions.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Just got the TV for Christmas. We had to uplug TV today because it froze up all together. But seems to be working fine now. Just can't get audio through the Netflix.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works, audio works on the internal TV and the Bose sound system, just not through the earphones.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ever since we started using the earphones, both the old analog earphones with a converter for the optical cable and the new digital earphones with optical cable
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is usually a signal/compatibility issue, go into the tv settings menu under audio and set the audio output format to pcm/stereo (instead of dolby/digital) and that should work. If it doesn't look for a similar adjustment within the netflix/amazon apps as well.

Let me know if that works for you.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your help! It worked!Sandy

Great, glad that worked for you Sandy!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,