Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Second opinion] replaced lamp blinking oarange light will

Customer Question

Second opinion] replaced lamp blinking oarange light will not power onJA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?Customer: 2010 maybe mitsubishi wd60638 dlpJA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?Customer: it will not even power upJA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: this happended before i replaced lamp and all was goodJA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?Customer: screen went blk
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie as requested the second opinion. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, are you able to return and have the new lamp replaced by the seleer?

This is the easiest.

This would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought 4 new lamps and all say the same orange light
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

I understand.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?